I focus my more than four decades of structural engineering experience toward understanding what clients need and directing the collective energy of Ayres' respected roadway, structures, and traffic engineers toward solving transportation problems. I have been a project engineer and manager for various bridge projects with Ayres since 1978 and managed the bridge operation from 1990 to early 2020 before becoming director of Midwest transportation services.
I've been involved in a variety of structural design projects, including dams, over 1,000 bridges, buildings, tanks, and walls. I have managed bridge replacement and highway approach roadway reconstruction projects, including engineering design, client contact, and agency coordination. I've also overseen and managed the design of large bridges on major rivers, complex interchange structures, and various pedestrian bridges.
My areas of expertise include the following:
- Project management, planning, and cost and quality control
- State, county, and township highway bridge design
- Right-of-way plats and descriptions
- Preparation of bid documents
- Bridge type studies
- Bridge load rating
- Bridge rehabilitation and repair
- Pedestrian and railroad bridges
- Location studies
- Environmental impact studies and assessments
- Retaining wall design