Dave has been project engineer and manager for various bridge projects with Ayres since 1978 and has managed the bridge operation since 1990. He has been involved in a variety of structural design projects, including dams, bridges, buildings, tanks, and walls.
Dave's current responsibilities include project management of bridge replacement and highway approach roadway reconstruction projects, including engineering design, client contact, and agency coordination. He also oversees and manages the design of large bridges on major rivers, complex interchange structures, and various pedestrian bridges.
Dave's areas of expertise include the following:
- Project management, planning, and cost and quality control
- State, county, and township highway bridge design
- Right-of-way plats and descriptions
- Preparation of bid documents
- Bridge type studies
- Bridge load rating
- Bridge rehabilitation and repair
- Pedestrian and railroad bridges
- Location studies
- Environmental impact studies and assessments
- Retaining wall design