Preferred Sands General Engineering Services« Return to Project Search
Preferred Sands has retained Ayres to provide on-call services for its sand mining facilities. By contracting with Ayres, Preferred Sands has ready access to a wide range of experts who can provide the following services:
Stormwater review, design, permitting, and inspection
Site design, permitting, bidding, and inspection
Boundary, ALTA, and topographic survey
Environmental assessment and investigation
Documentation and classification of core drillings
Services delivered so far include:
Blair, WI: Ayres is helping Preferred Sands with compliance monitoring and evaluation at its Blair facility as well as the design of various stormwater control and best management practice structures. Services include reviewing current operations, evaluating and reviewing existing facilities, and generating plans and reports to develop a strategy for implementing operations that comply with permits and regulations.
Town of Auburn, Chippewa County, WI: We are providing Preferred Sands a reclamation plan and assistance with permitting, surveying, monitoring, and reporting for its Town of Auburn facility.
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada: Our team is providing a final reclamation surface, plan, and quantities for the closing of its Hanson Lake sand mine at Saskatoon.
Bloomer, WI: Ayres is reviewing the final reclamation estimate and quantities for Preferred Sands’ Bloomer facility. The information will be submitted to Chippewa County for approval.
Jackson County, OH: We are providing a registered geologist to document and classify core drillings at a potential industrial sand mine in Jackson County. Services include on-site field work, including logging and sampling of borings; packaging and shipping samples to a designated soils laboratory; and compiling boring logs, daily field reports, and a one-page executive summary describing findings.
Sanders, AZ: Our team is preparing a Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC) plan for Preferred Sands’ load-out facility near Sanders, and we are designing two settling ponds for sand washing operations. The ponds are used to separate fine material from the water for reuse in the washing process. Ayres will develop settling pond grading plans for two ponds between the access roads west and south of the wash point. The length of the ponds will be maximized to fit this area, and the width will allow for the ponds to be cleaned using an excavator from the side. The preliminary design will be detailed enough to allow earth-moving equipment to begin construction.
- Brian Lambert, Civil Engineer
- Michael Stoffel, Civil Engineer
- Gareth Shambeau, Civil Engineer
- Greg Carr, Engineering Services Designer
- Josue Gonzalez, Civil Engineer
- Dave Pantzlaff, Director of Midwest Transportation Services
- Scott Wilson, Director of Client Funding & Strategy
- Disa Wahlstrand, Vice President
- Aaron Sale, Supervisor - Geospatial Services
- Todd Rudolph, Water Resources Engineer
- Jason Ingram, Executive Vice President
- Jeffrey Koppensteiner, Technical Supervisor – Geospatial Services
- Matthew Vinopal, Senior Project Manager - Geospatial Services
- Dan Sydow, Manager - Structural Engineering
- Jason Krueger, Vice President - Geospatial Services
- Pete Haug, Water Resources Engineer
- Mitchell Banach, Geologist
- Bill Honea, Geologist
Project InformationClient's Name
Preferred Sands of Wisconsin, LLCLocation
Blair, WIPrimary Service
Civil + Municipal EngineeringMarket
Industrial + Manufacturing