Hisham joined Ayres Associates in 1996 with three years of experience and has developed substantial expertise in structural engineering. He has earned master's and doctorate degrees in structural engineering and is responsible for bridge analysis and design and the preparation of plans, structural evaluations, and reports.
Hisham specializes in designing vehicular bridges and pedestrian and bicycle overpasses and has been involved in scour analyses for more than a decade. He also oversees structural design and inspection groups and provides quality assurance on inspection reports.
Hisham's areas of expertise include the following:
- Bridge and highway design
- Preparation of bid documents
- Utility design
- Water control structures
- Soil analysis and foundation design
- Industrial building design
- Wind and seismic analysis
- Structural analysis program experience (e.g., GTSTRUDL)
- GEOPAK and MicroStation proficiency