I am vice president of development services, overseeing Ayres' environmental, planning, and landscape architecture operations. I've managed the environmental group since 1996. I've helped shape the development services team into a team of experts with comprehensive experience in the recovery and redevelopment of contaminated properties, driving projects from vision to cleanup to polished success stories.
I have either personally conducted or performed quality assurance/quality control on over 1,400 Phase 1 environmental site assessments (ESAs).
In recent years my group has written and received more than $42 million in brownfield redevelopment grants and loans. This funding has helped leverage other development funds exceeding $150 million. My active role in brownfields has allowed me to gain insight on redevelopment strategies, which gives clients the advantage of working with an industry expert who knows how to get the most out of a redevelopment project. I'm a standing appointed member of the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources Brownfield Study Group. The group has helped create new brownfield financing tools, liability exemptions, and incentives for communities to assist in downtown brownfield revitalization projects.
My years of experience have built up my expertise in these areas:
- Soil and groundwater contamination assessments
- Risk-based corrective actions
- Remedial design and investigation
- Pesticide and fertilizer remediation investigations
- Waste characterization and disposal studies
- Environmental impact studies, site assessments, and statements
- Waste sampling and evaluation
- Hazardous waste remediation projects
- Underground storage tank removal and closure reports
- Asbestos building inspections