Over the years, we’ve been honored to welcome some of the most talented minds in the industry to our team, and our partners benefit from their knowledge, guidance, and expertise.
Manager - Transportation Services - Madison
"Designing roundabouts to solve clients' complex intersection issues is very rewarding for me. While working on a project, I know that I'm offering an intersection control solution that will potentially save lives, as well as provide improved traffic operations."Kevin Kuhlow
I manage Ayres' traffic engineering group, supervising staff who provide traffic analysis and engineering services around the nation from multiple offices. My group and I work to make sure our transportation design projects effectively address safety and traffic operation needs through traffic modeling, skillful design of signalized and roundabout intersections, and optimized signal timing.
I have over two decades of transportation design and project management experience, and I'm a leading U.S. roundabout designer. I've enjoyed focusing on roundabouts for much of my career, including feasibility studies, operational analysis, design, review, construction observation assistance, and training. I have been involved with developing hundreds of roundabouts throughout North America since 2000, ranging from single-lane roundabouts to complex three-lane roundabouts.
My areas of expertise include:
- Developing VISSIM micro-simulation models for operational results and for public information meetings
- Educating the public about roundabouts
- Gaining agency, community, and public acceptance for roundabouts
- BS, Civil Engineering, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Registered Professional Engineer, IL
- Registered Professional Engineer, FL
- Registered Professional Engineer, MN
- Registered Professional Engineer, WI