I've been providing transportation design and construction services at Ayres for more than 25 years. I am supervisor of construction engineering for projects in southern Wisconsin.
Ayres is a project-manager-oriented company. That provides challenges and a lot of responsibility, but I find it can be incredibly rewarding.
With my background in multiple phases of transportation projects, I'm well-equipped to handle quick in-the-field decisions on both urban and rural reconstruction and rehabilitation projects. I bring technical skills to my work, but also the ability to communicate with all the players in a project to deliver efficient utility coordination, public involvement, preliminary and final design, constructability reviews, construction traffic control, and overall project management.
My areas of expertise include:
- Resident project leader on construction observation projects
- Construction administration of roadway projects
- Traffic control review
- Earthwork quantity computations
- Highway construction staking and layout
- Highway and street design
- Right-of-way assessment and plat preparation
- Preparation of PS&E/bid documents
- Location studies
- Environmental impact studies and assessments
- Highway and street drainage design
- Utility coordination