Over the years, we’ve been honored to welcome some of the most talented minds in the industry to our team, and our partners benefit from their knowledge, guidance, and expertise.
Executive Vice President/COO
"I've worked with great people in multiple offices. We are Ayres in company ownership, in how we interact with each other, and in the way we support our clients by striving to make a positive difference in our world."Jan Zander
Since I joined Ayres in 1990, I have progressed from a structural engineer position to serving as executive vice president. I began my career designing bridges in the Eau Claire, Wisconsin, headquarters and later held management positions in the Waukesha and Madison offices in southern Wisconsin.
In 2008 I was promoted to executive vice president. I oversee operations in the Southeast, as well as geospatial, telecommunications, architecture, and Midwest transportation and engineering services. I lead the firm's project management and group management training.
I have always taken pride in Ayres' ability to make a difference in our communities. I am a member of the American Society of Civil Engineers and the American Council of Engineering Companies.
I offer several areas of technical and management expertise:
- Executive and operations management
- Project management
- Pedestrian and bicycle path structures
- Structural investigation and design
- Reinforced concrete design
- Hydraulic studies
- Bridge hydraulic design
- Economic feasibility studies
- Bridge load rating
- Topographic surveying and mapping
- Bridge type studies
- Bridge and highway design
- Highway and railroad bridges
- Retaining wall design
- MBA, Business, University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
- BS, Civil and Structural Engineering, University of Wisconsin-Platteville
- Registered Professional Engineer, AZ
- Registered Professional Engineer, WI