Over the years, we’ve been honored to welcome some of the most talented minds in the industry to our team, and our partners benefit from their knowledge, guidance, and expertise.
Fort Collins, CO
My hydraulics expertise is recognized around the nation. I have completed several independent external peer review projects for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, and I'm often requested as an instructor for a variety of short courses on hydraulics and water resources. I received an Instructor of Excellence award from the National Highway Institute (NHI) in 2019.
I spent the majority of my career at Utah State University, where I was a professor of civil and environmental engineering and lead professor of the hydraulics and fluid mechanics program for the Civil Engineering Department and the Utah Water Research Laboratory.
My specializations include:
- Over-bank flooding
- Effects of vegetation on flow resistance
- Fuse gate control structures
- Model studies of hydraulic structures
- Sedimentation and erosion studies
- Basic research in open and closed conduit flow
- Control valves
- Hydro machinery testing
- PhD, Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics, Colorado State University