Ozaukee County STH 33 Expansion« Return to Project Search
This project connects the Village of Saukville with the City of Port Washington on STH 33. The 1.5-mile, two-lane rural undivided minor arterial was under heavy commercial and residential development pressure.
The project reconstructed the roadway with added capacity by implementing a divided four-lane facility with left-turn lanes for major side roads; two multi-lane roundabouts at Market Street and Northwoods Road; street lighting; streetscaping; community-sensitive design; bike lane or path provisions; sidewalk; and removal of the CTH LL interchange and replacement with an at-grade two-lane roundabout intersection.
Ayres provided design plans; environmental assessment; utility coordination; public involvement; community-sensitive design; traffic engineering; roundabout feasibility study and report; access management; survey; right-of-way plat; and plans, specifications, and estimates.
- Benjamin DeBaker, Project Manager - Transportation Engineer
- Jan Zander, Executive Vice President - COO
- Bruce Ommen, President
- Jamey Reid, Supervisor - Land Survey
- John Baneck, Project Manager - Transportation Engineer
- Dan Sydow, Manager - Structural Engineering
- Alexander Cowan, Project Manager - Traffic Engineer
Project InformationClient's Name
Wisconsin Department of Transportation, Southeast RegionLocation
Port Washington, WIPrimary Service
State + Federal + Tribal