Over the years, we’ve been honored to welcome some of the most talented minds in the industry to our team, and our partners benefit from their knowledge, guidance, and expertise.
Senior Project Manager
Fort Collins, CO
"Dusty is a very bright engineer with a lot of experience on river restoration projects. He has spent a lot of time in the field and has a great understanding of detailed hydraulic modeling of complex systems. He also excels at doing designs for river projects."Thomas Smith
In my more than 20 years at Ayres, my water resources engineering work has focused on river engineering studies, floodplain mapping, flood mitigation, bank protection design, river restoration, aquatic habitat analysis, grade control structure design, channel stability analysis and design, and scour analysis.
I've learned from industry experts in the river engineering field on projects that are of personal interest to me as well as technically challenging.
I have a lot of experience in hydraulic modeling and design and have provided 1-dimensional and 2-dimensional modeling for projects across the country. I also have a working knowledge of the data collection process needed to perform real-time and post-process hydrographic surveying, including operation of GPS equipment, survey grade fathometer, and computer software. I am experienced in processing hydrographic survey data, including data reduction and mapping.
I received an Instructor of Excellence award from the National Highway Institute (NHI) for my teaching in fiscal 2019.
My areas of expertise include:
- Water resource engineering
- Hydrographic surveying
- Hydraulic modeling and analysis
- Hydraulic design
- GIS mapping and project design
- BS, Civil Engineering, Colorado State University
- Registered Professional Engineer, SC
- Registered Professional Engineer, CO
- Northern Colorado Geospatial
- Sacramento River Levee Erosion
- University of Iowa Flood Protection
- Santa Ana Rio Grande Bar 3
- Fossil Creek Rehabilitation
- Bank Protection Measures Evaluation
- Emergency Water Line Protection
- Big Thompson River Flood Recovery
- Jamestown Stormwater Master Plan
- Singh Property Restoration Plan
- Lake Bronson Dam
- New Jersey Route 52 Bridge H&H Analyses
- I-35 Bridge River Analysis
- East Side Detention Facility
- US 34 Big Thompson Hydraulics