I have been a structural engineer with Ayres since 1989. My comprehensive understanding of structural engineering stems from the design of hundreds of bridges, as well as bridge inspections, studies for large-scale projects involving multiple structures, and structural reviews. As a lead structural reviewer for Ayres' hydraulic and structural review contract with the Wisconsin Department of Transportation, I completed 375 structural reviews of grade separation structures, structural rehabilitations, sign bridges, and retaining walls.
I methodically go about completing and checking structural designs, aiming to add an extremely high level of confidence to every project I touch. This reputation for error-free, easy-to-read plans leads contractors to bid Ayres-designed projects tighter. Clients and industry groups also recognize the quality and precision I bring to projects, having awarded recognition to many of my projects.
My areas of expertise include:
- Structural investigation and design
- Bridge hydraulic design
- Bridge type studies
- Bridge and highway design
- Bridge inspection
- Underwater inspection (dams and bridges)
- Bridge load rating
- Material testing
- Bridge rehabilitation and repair
- Economic feasibility studies
- Highway, railroad, and pedestrian bridges
- Bridge construction observation
- Highway construction management