I'm a telecommunications specialist with more than 30 years of experience in the industry. Among my career achievements is assisting Port Charlotte, Florida, in slashing its road move capital budget and initiating the cost-saving use of #10 ground wire at network interface devices (NID) in lieu of #6. I also engineered a 58-mile synchronous optical network (SONET) ring and supervised construction of the fiber ring.
I have served as chairman and co-chairman of the Florida Utilities Coordinating Committee's (FUCC) Telecom Interest Group and as the telecommunications representative on the FUCC's steering committee.
My specializations include:
- Relocation design of telecommunication facilities for road widening projects
- Conflict analysis for Florida DOT road projects for utility clients
- Telecommunication facilities inspection for construction
- Red-green-brown (RGB) design
- Quality assurance/quality control for network design system (NDS) prints and AutoCAD construction drawings
- Rural Utilities Service (RUS) unit inspection, plant testing, and cut-overs
- Evaluation of new equipment from the main distribution frame (MDF) to the network interface device/building entrance terminal (NIB/BET)
- Preparation of annual outside plant (OSP) capital budgets
- Building optical carrier (OC) and DS-3 networks for high capacity circuits in a circuit order provisioning system (COPS) database