Who is Ayres Associates?
Ayres Associates is a multi-disciplinary architecture, engineering, and geospatial firm that is proud to be celebrating 60 years! Our 12 offices in the Midwest, Southeast, and West are committed to providing broad support to clients around the nation with our diverse expertise. Our quest for excellence is constant, and how we arrive at the destination defines us.
As an employee-owned company, our people are our central asset, and we are dedicated to making sure our professionals have every opportunity to thrive. We bring together exciting opportunities, a supportive environment, competitive compensation, and a commitment to training. We’re results-driven and well-respected, and we keep continuous improvement at the forefront of our decision-making processes.
Finding the right fit:
Due to exciting growth, we’re seeking a vice president for our Southeast Operations to lead, be the Ayres Associates ambassador, and cross-sell our diverse expertise. The Southeast division is made up of a variety of service lines, which include structural engineering, structural inspection, municipal design, and CEI and transportation design. You’ll be charged with all aspects of the successful operation of Ayres Associates’ Tampa and Titusville, Florida, offices, including growing new service lines and maintaining workload, resources, working capital, and profitability.
Having a passion for growth, an entrepreneurial mind-set, and a commitment to providing staff with clear, achievable goals will define success. We’ll rely on you to be captivating, engaging, and have credible connections in your professional community.
Your sound technical background will allow you to align resources to achieve results that saturate the Florida market. As a consummate professional, you’ll also have the ability and desire to manage projects and people, which will allow you to play an integral role on our company’s management team.
On any given day, you’ll:
- Grow the division’s existing service lines and add new service lines that complement our strategic growth goal.
- Ensure the divisional structure is efficient and appropriate for the services offered.
- Assist managers with resource planning, and motivate staff toward personal and divisional goals by providing technical training and career development.
- Develop an annual strategic business plan for the SE Division with emphasis on growth, financial planning, capital purchases, marketing, and training initiatives.
- Play a role in successfully marketing and winning projects from a wide mix of clients, including state DOTs, municipalities, and private clients.
- Act as an Ayres Associates ambassador in the community.
- Actively engage in local, statewide, and/or national professional organizations.
- Foster an environment that lends itself to staff development/mentorship, allowing staff to feel competent, supported, and driven toward career development.
- Understand and adhere to corporate policies/procedures while preparing and overseeing quality assurance and control procedures.
- Build and maintain respectful working relationships with fellow management and leadership that allow you to engage in decision making.
- Take the role of project manager on complex or technically challenging projects and provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced staff.
- Prepare, negotiate, and approve contract documents, including scope of work, project schedule, and fee estimates provided by group project managers.
- Oversee the production of all project work, ensuring that the work is produced on schedule, profitably, and in conformance with quality standards of the firm and the requirements of the contract.
- A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, architecture, or business.
- Registered professional in Florida.
- A minimum of 15 years of combined experience in the following:
- Managing a business unit with proven growth in the engineering, planning, or surveying industry.
- Providing solutions for the engineering/planning/surveying industry.
- Sound project management skills.
- Mentoring staff.
- Ability to delegate appropriate responsibilities to others to handle multiple priorities.
- Willingness to travel to any company location on a regular basis.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Ability to grow the division geographically through expansion of existing service lines or addition of new service lines.
- A desire to build the Ayres Associates brand at professional meetings/conferences locally, statewide, and potentially nationally.
- Proven success in meeting goals and objectives of annual business plans and budget, including revenue and profitability, staffing, workload backlog, billing, accounts receivable, ROI on capital purchases, and image development.
- Ability to think outside the box to generate creative ideas and inspire your team.
- Passion for representing Ayres Associates in a professional manner.
- Eagerness to cultivate a team environment where all staff members feel valued and supported and all ideas flow freely.
- Pursue opportunity for business development, including client contact, marketing initiatives, and monitoring client and partner satisfaction.
- A master’s degree in engineering or business is a plus.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities