Job Openings

At Ayres Associates, our employees are MVPs, the most valuable parts of our organization. We’re dedicated to providing exciting opportunities, career growth, and recognition within a supportive environment. Our professionals know Ayres is committed to their future. That confidence is the foundation for long-lasting client relationships and successful projects.

« Return to Job Openings Search

Structural Engineer/Bridge Inspector #1901

Qualifications:

A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering with a structural emphasis required. Experience with the design and rehabilitation of bridges and other highway-related structures ideal, but other structural engineering experience beneficial. Experience with bridge inspection, climbing skills and CADD a plus. Certification as a bridge inspector or qualified inspection team leader required. Willingness to work around traffic, at heights and around water is required. Underwater and climbing certification beneficial. Valid driver’s license and good driving record required. Travel throughout the US for up to 14 days/two weeks at a time required.

 

Responsibilities:

Team Leader will perform field inspections of bridges, dams and ancillary structures and complete report documentation of those inspections. Participates in the inspection program performing field inspections, load rating analyses, report processing, federal coding and QA/QC reviews. Consults with department supervisor, project manager and project engineers concerning deficiencies on the structure for appropriate action. Will perform confirming engineer responsibilities. Compiles information needed for comments and response from departments of transportation or regulatory agencies. Coordinates inspection details directly with project managers, technicians, and clerical staff during preliminary and final report preparation in order to ensure quality and conformance to standards.

May also assist in the engineering of various types of highway and pedestrian bridges and other structures; check design computations and plan detailing for conformance with code, manuals, and design engineer’s directives; review shop drawings; coordinate with design engineer during preliminary and final plan preparation; and perform drafting tasks using CADD when necessary.

The individual must have excellent computer skills, good understanding of inspection codes, standards, and ability to conform to such within the first six months of employment. Field time away from office is estimated at approximately 65% while remaining 35% is office time.

Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb, swim, and negotiate work areas fully equipped with appropriate gear (surface supplied air diving equipment, rope access climbing equipment, etc.). Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at a construction work site or similar type environment.