Who is Ayres Associates?
Ayres Associates is a multi-disciplinary architecture, engineering, and geospatial firm that is proud to be celebrating 60 years! As an employee-owned company, our people are our central asset, and we are dedicated to making sure our professionals have every opportunity to thrive. We bring together exciting opportunities, a supportive environment, competitive compensation, and a commitment to training.
Finding the right fit:
The Geospatial Division is seeking a full-time geospatial technician within the Aerial Mapping group. With recent growth initiatives we are looking for the right individual to support the team with one or more of the following technical skills:
- Photogrammetric stereo-compilation.
- Aerial and/or mobile lidar processing and editing.
- Orthoimagery processes.
- High accuracy mapping from Unmanned Aerial Systems.
This position will require you to be committed to data quality and integrity as well as the ability to work in a team environment. Your sound technical background will allow you to understand and communicate technical project requirements with clients and staff, verbally and in writing.
The Aerial Mapping staff is primarily located in Madison, Wisconsin. If you’re interested in the Fort Collins location, strong and effectively communication with the rest of the team via long-distance will define success. You’ll also need to have an aptitude for working independently on team-oriented efforts.
- A bachelor’s degree in geography or related disciple (cartography, survey, remote sensing).
- A minimum of four-years of experience in at least one of the above technical skills.
- Familiarity with CAD-based platforms and demonstrated experience with common geospatial processing and editing software for imagery, stereo-compilation, and/or lidar.
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Desired Skills or Experiences:
- Experience with compilation for departments of transportation or engineering-grade applications would be considered a plus.
- Experience leading technical presentations, meeting with clients, and/or participating in professional organizations would be considered a plus.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities