Who is Ayres Associates?
Ayres Associates is a multi-disciplinary architecture, engineering, and geospatial firm that is proud to be celebrating 60 years! As an employee-owned company, our people are our central asset, and we are dedicated to making sure our professionals have every opportunity to thrive. We bring together exciting opportunities, a supportive environment, competitive compensation, and a commitment to training.
Finding the right fit:
The Aerial Mapping group is seeking an entry-level Geospatial Technician in our Madison, Wisconsin office. Ayres is recognized as an industry leader in geospatial services and provides consulting to a wide range of professions and data users. We are looking for recent graduates or entry-level geospatial technicians with unique skillsets and a desire to pursue a career in the growing geospatial field.
It is requested that candidates prepare a brief resume focused on relevant work experience. In lieu of relevant work experience, candidates should include a summary of educational projects and studies related to geospatial technologies.
On any given day, you’ll:
Work under the direct supervision of geospatial staff and your responsibilities may include:
- Editing Lidar point cloud data.
- Processing of aerial imagery.
- Performing a variety of assignments, requiring application of standard techniques and procedures.
- May be asked to support the Land Survey group with field work on an as-needed basis.
- A bachelor’s degree in geography or related disciple (cartography, survey, remote sensing).
- Understanding of ESRI and CAD-based software platforms.
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Desired Skills or Experiences:
- Effectively communicate and interact with supervisors, technicians, and other staff.
- Experience with land surveying.
- Basic knowledge of air photo interpretation, remote sensing, and spatial analysis.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities