Scott is vice president of Wisconsin environmental services and has managed the environmental group since 1996. His efforts have helped shape the team into a group of experts with comprehensive experience in recovery and redevelopment of contaminated properties in the Midwest and around the nation.
Scott has either personally conducted or performed quality assurance/quality control on more than 1,400 Phase 1 environmental site assessments (ESAs).
In recent years his group has written and received more than $42 million in brownfield redevelopment grants and loans. This funding has helped leverage other development funds exceeding $150 million. His active role in brownfields has allowed him to gain insight on redevelopment strategies, which gives clients the advantage of working with an industry expert who knows how to get the most out of a redevelopment project. Scott is a standing appointed member of the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources Brownfield Study Group. The group has helped create new brownfield financing tools, liability exemptions, and incentives for communities to assist in downtown brownfield revitalization projects.
Scott's years of experience have built up his expertise in several areas:
- Soil and groundwater contamination assessments
- Risk-based corrective actions
- Remedial design and investigation
- Pesticide and fertilizer remediation investigations
- Waste characterization and disposal studies
- Environmental impact studies, site assessments, and statements
- Waste sampling and evaluation
- Hazardous waste remediation projects
- Underground storage tank removal and closure reports
- Asbestos building inspections