Ayres Associates is an employee owned, nationally recognized, multi-specialty architectural/engineering and geospatial service firm providing services from a network of 13 offices in five states. Land survey services are provided by a cohesive team of crew chiefs, technicians, professional land surveyors, and project managers who are managed as a single group across numerous offices, bringing consistency and flexible resources to our employees and clients.
The Land Survey Group at Ayres Associates is seeking three individuals, one for Madison, one for Waukesha and one for Green Bay, WI. The ideal candidates will have vast experience and technical ability serving in a crew chief role, will fulfill many of the requirements below, and will be looking for career growth.
- 3 years of relevant work experience
- Technically sound in the use of survey equipment and software.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record required.
- Ability to keep thorough notes and perform necessary survey calculations.
- Ability to communicate with clients and project managers.
- 5+ years of relevant experience within the following surveying services:
- Design surveys, including transportation, utility, municipal, and site development.
- Geospatial control and LiDAR QA/QC.
- Construction layout for transportation, utility, building, and municipal projects.
- Land surveys, including ALTA and WisDOT right-of-way plats.
- Experience with Trimble survey equipment and software.
- Experience with Civil3D/AutoCAD and Microstation.
- Ability to accurately read and interpret construction drawings.
- Pursuing Wisconsin Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) license or currently a PLS.
- Previous project management skills or interest in developing these skills.
The successful candidate responsibilities and requirements are as follows:
- Perform a variety of field/office survey and mapping tasks.
- Proficient use of survey field equipment, such as GPS/GNSS, robotic total stations and Microstation/Civil 3D CADD platforms.
- Assist a Project Manager in support of their duties.
- Assist a Professional Land Surveyor in preparation of land survey documents.
- Adhere to OSHA and required safety practices.
- Physical requirements include walking over uneven terrain and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Overtime and occasional out-of-town travel is anticipated.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities