Qualified candidate will have experience in a construction related field position. Experience as a technical locator/utility locater technician and familiarity with subsurface utility engineering (SUE) a plus, but a person with the right skill set can learn on the job. Any experience using locating equipment, including induction based, metal detection, ground penetrating radar and vacuum excavation equipment beneficial. The successful candidate is:
- Able to understand technical concepts and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Personable, self-motivated, dependable, punctual, detail oriented and organized
- Willing to travel, work hard and spend most of the day outdoors
- Able to walk long distances and lift up to 80 lbs.
- A strong communicator with basic computer skills
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record is required. Passing a drug screening test and background check required for the position because of work on airport, campus and military bases.
The successful candidate will work well in a team environment, outdoors in all kinds of weather, and will be committed to completing projects efficiently and professionally. Duties include reading and interpreting utility plans, thoroughly searching for utilities which may include electric, cable, telecommunication, gas, water, sewer lines and other underground utilities using locating equipment, operating a vacuum extraction truck, providing accurate sketches and collecting data. Candidate will need to bend, walk long distances and lift up to 80 lbs., as well as be trained and willing to work in confined spaces on occasion.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities